Employment - Job Announcements
Career Opportunities, Jobs, Resumes
To submit a job listing or resume, please send an e-mail to the Association Office at WCCFA@AMInc.org.
- The text of your listing should be within the body of the e-mail, and should not exceed approximately 75 words. We reserve the right to edit all submissions.
- WCCFA Members: The service is free to WCCFA members. It will be posted on the website and in the quarterly newsletter, if still open.
- WCCFA Non-Members: You may also send in job postings, it is $50 for each job post on the website.
- All listings are retained for 60 days; to extend this period, please resubmit upon expiration.
- Note that for resume listings, you must be a current WCCFA member. It will remain on the website for 60 days. Your resume may be part of the e-mail itself, or sent as an attachment in one of the following formats: PDF, Microsoft Word or plain text.
Want to send your job listing to all of WCCFA? Get your opening directly in front of our industry! Cost is $99 for WCCFA members and $149 for non-members. Contact the Association Office to take advantage.
Cemetery Bookkeeper / Accountant
[April 25, 2018]
Einan's at Sunset Funeral Home
Location: Richland, WA
This position is responsible for computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete and accurate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include the following and may include other duties as assigned.
- Enter contracts into the HMIS database system.
- Maintain accurate accounts receivables and send monthly statements to clients.
- Deposit receivable into the company bank account in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Review and pay invoices weekly for review and signature by the general manager.
- Reconcile all bank accounts, trust fund accounts, and endowment care accounts.
- Manage all payroll activities including bi-monthly payroll and all tax deposits and filings as well as providing W-2s and 1099s.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the general manager and the board of directors.
- Work extensively with the accountant to collect relevant financial documents needed to complete the annual federal tax returns.
- Procure office supplies, equipment and repairs as necessary, to ensure that the office is sufficiently supplied at all times.
- Open mail related to financial matters.
- Participate in staff meetings as needed.
- Assist the general manager in maintaining the list of flags and all related organization of the Avenue of Flags.
- Experience with an accounting software system, SAGE/MAS90 is preferred.
- High school diploma required. Higher education with a focus in accounting preferred.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Flexibility, ability to multitask, and ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
Please submit a resume in person OR via mail to Sunset Gardens, 915 Bypass Highway, Richland, WA 99352.
Direct questions to either Stephen Mulder or Pat Hollick at 509-943-0803.
[February 5, 2018]
Evergreen Cemetery and Cypress Lawn Memorial Park
Location: Everett, WA
We currently have an opportunity available for a Grounds Specialist to work at both Evergreen Cemetery and Cypress Lawn Memorial Park in Everett, WA. The associate’s activities will primarily include:
- Interment Verification and follow-through with burials and entombments
- Setting of markers, bases, and benches
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of supplies, equipment, and/or merchandise
- General maintenance of the parks, including removing flowers, tree & shrub maintenance, trash removal
Click here for more information and how to apply.
Manager of Cemetery Operations
[November 3, 2017]
Location: Seattle, WA
Are you looking for the opportunity to Manage Cemetery Operations for one of the Northwest’s most notable cemeteries?
We are looking for a well-rounded individual that understands leadership of a team, has the ability to manage projects, assess priorities, and communicate openly and effectively.
Defining Qualities: High integrity, results oriented, positive, team and customer focused, creative, adaptable, motivational, solution focused, empathetic.
We are looking for an Individual that is both a leader and a manager. This person is driven to continuously improve. They must challenge and inspire those around them to the same high standards of excellence they hold for themselves.
General Skill Sets
Ability to create positive team atmosphere.
Strong desire to work collaboratively with fellow managers and all team members.
Believes in personal accountability and has the ability to hold others accountable.
Solid time management abilities and skills.
A desire and drive to achieve measurable results.
Demonstrate persistence in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks.
Create and implement action plans to achieve long term objectives.
Ability to adapt to and manage change.
Strong Management and leadership experience is highly recommended.
The Company: For over 100 years we have served the Seattle and surrounding communities by honoring the past and creating a vision for the future. We are a Family Owned company with multiple operations in various parts of the country with competitive compensation structure, health care benefits, vacation and much more.
Those Qualified and Interested? Please contact Scott Sheehan at email@example.com
Licensed Funeral Director
[August 24, 2017]
Evergreen-Washelli Funeral Home & Cemetery
Location: Seattle, WA
Taking funeral service to the next level one family at a time… and making a difference each step of the way.
Position Description: We are looking for a full-time Rock Star Funeral Director, who has a minimum of two years’ experience working / managing events. Qualified candidates must have or be eligible to obtain a Washington State Funeral Director/Embalmer license as well as possess the following attributes:
They must love and connect well with all people
Be a team player – be reliable and rely on others
Must have and maintain a polished appearance
Enjoy serving others
This position provides phenomenal benefits and is considered to be the gold standard for funeral directors in the Pacific Northwest.
The Company: Evergreen-Washelli is family owned and is known throughout our profession for its innovation, forward-thinking and creativity. It is the culture within our company and the drive within our staff that keep this reputation alive. We are customer service driven and family focused.
Those Qualified and Interested? Please contact Brian Braathen at 206-834-1955 or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org